Design, Development & Gaming
Welcome to Quantum Graphics!

Everything in our forums are free to download and free to use on your website including but not limited to MAG's custom designs. What are you waiting for?

Enjoy your visit!
Welcome to Quantum Graphics!

Everything in our forums are free to download and free to use on your website including but not limited to MAG's custom designs. What are you waiting for?

Enjoy your visit!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Underground Design Resource Center For The Artist, Photographer & Gamer

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Free Origin or Steam Game Key to the next ten (10) new members with two (2) New posts! Now through July 31st -- Join Now & post!

Fake 3D text in Photoshop

Go down 
AuthorMessage
scripted_destiny

Fake 3D text in Photoshop Empty
PostSubject: Fake 3D text in Photoshop   Fake 3D text in Photoshop I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 6:09 pm

How to “fake” 3D text in Photoshop
The science behind faking a 3D Text effect in Photoshop is very simple, All you need is Duplicated text and a little bit of layer effects, Let’s get into it.

Let’s start by opening a new Document. File>New
The dimensions can be anything, in this case I will be using Width: 1920px, Height: 1080px
Background color/picture can be of your choice

I will be using a simple black background, to fill your canvas/page with the background color, use the shortcut Ctrl Backspace or Ctrl Delete (if you want to fill the canvas/page with the foreground color, use Alt Backspace or Alt Delete).
Once you have filled the canvas, Go to the Type tool (Shortcut: T), and type in the text,

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Once you have typed in your text, we need to duplicate it by pressing Ctrl J or right click on the layer and select duplicate layer.

Now back to our original text, the color plays a very important role here, whichever text is on top needs to be a lighter color, and whichever is below needs to be a slightly darker shade of the color above it.

Once you have the colors right, choose the original text layer, and move it slightly to the right, and then slightly down, if you are using arrow keys, hold Shift and the Right Arrow Key once, again hold Shift and the Down Arrow Key once (Holding shift and arrow keys performs double the position change rather than what you would achieve with only using the arrow keys), or whatever best adjusts you can perform with the font.

Once you have the position right, select the top text, and go into Layer>Layer Style>Inner Shadow (Alternatively you can double click on the text layer in the layer Palette to get the same option or right click and select Blending Options)

Once in Inner Shadow, you can experiment around with the properties to create really great effects,
And then add the default Drop Shadow settings, you can experiment around to create a better effect.
I chose the following settings:

If you are using two different texts like me, you can copy the layer styles and paste it onto the other layer, by selecting the layer which has the effects, go to Layer>layer styles>Copy Layer Style and then select the 2nd layer from the layer palette and go back to Layer>layer styles>Paste Layer style (Alternatively you can also right click on the layer in the layer palette and achieve the same copy/paste layer style option from there)

This is my final output

Another outcome..this was done for a youtube channel art

Thats it..hope you guys learned something..let me know if you have questions..
post your outcome in comments
Back to top Go down

Fake 3D text in Photoshop
Page 1 of 1